RETURN TO MASSACHUSETTS PAGE
Ernest Di Zazzo
- Immigrant ancestor (29 Mar 1911)
- b. abt. 1887, Rocca d'Evandro, Caserta, Italy.
- son of Achille Di Zazzo and Giuseppina Carbone
- d. unk, Italy.
- Little is know with certainty of this Ernest DiZazzo. He arrived in America sometime before the August 1912
arrival of his brother of Angelo DiZazzo.
Family oral history says he traveled back and forth between America and Italy several times. He returned to Italy to stay
(date unknown). Angelo's obituary listed
brother Ernest as being in Italy in 1967.
- The passenger manifest for the ship Presidente Wilson,
departed from Naples 5 March 1929 and arrived New York 17 March 1929,
shows on leaf one line 7
an Ernesto Dizazzo, age 42,
a native of Rocco d'Evandro, with his last permanent address listed as Stoneham, Mass.
It also shows on leaf two line 7
that he listed his closest relative in Italy as his wife, Angela, of Rocca d'Evandro and
that his final destination was his home at 72 Franklin St., Stoneham, Mass.
- The passenger manifest for the for the ship Dante Alighieri,
departed from Naples 18 November 1923 and arrived New York 1 December 1923,
shows on leaf one line 15
an Ernest Di Zazzo, aged 36,
he listed his last permanent address as Rocca d'Evandro and his closest relative in Italy
as his wife Angela of Rocca d'Evandro.
It also shows on leaf two line 15
that he had been in America before from 1911 to 1913, he planned to meet
brother Angelo at 231-1/2 Elm St.,
and that he was a native of Rocca d'Evandro.
- The passenger manifest for the ship Cedric,
departed from Naples 16 March 1911 and arrived New York 29 March 1911
show on leaf one line 9
an Ernesto Di Zazzo, age 23 (or 28),
he listed his last permanent residence as Rocca d'Evandro, his closest
relative in Italy as his wife Angela of Rocca d'Evandro, and his final
destination as Lawrence, Mass.
It also shows on leaf two line 9
that he was planning to meet his cousin Giovanni [illegible, possibly Di Zazzo, possibly
John DiZazzo who came to America in 1909] of Lawrence, Mass., and that
he was a native of Rocca d'Evandro.
- This record last updated 25 February 2008 by D. Trumbull.