RETURN TO MASSACHUSETTS PAGE
- b. 8 May 1923, Methuen, Essex County, Mass.
- dau. of Mario Catalano and Mary Cosentino
- m. 16 Sep 1951, Alec DiZazzo (1920-2010), Holy Rosary Church, Lawrence, Mass.
- two children:
- Mary Natalie DiZazzo
m. David Trumbull
- Cheryl DiZazzo
- d. 29 Aug 2001, Lawrence, Mass.
- buried, 4 September 2001, Elmwood Cemetery (Cypress St., Lot #255), Methuen, Mass.
- On Monday, October 15, 2001, a Memorial Mass was celebrated at St. Lucy's Parish, Methuen.
- On 29 August 2001, at 5:33 a.m., Josephine DiZazzo died at Lawrence General Hospital, Lawrence, Mass.; she was buried
at Elmwood Cemetery, Methuen, Mass. (Cypress Street, Lot 255) on 4 September 2001. This obituary appeared
in the Lawrence Eagle-Tribune.
- On 16 September 1951 Alec Di Zazzo married Josephine Catalano
at Holy Rosary Church, Lawrence, Mass.,
according the rite of the
Roman Catholic Church, Francis Di Matteo officiating, in the presence of
Paul Upson and Lucy Upson, witnesses. The record shows it was the second marriage of
the groom who was a widower residing at 61 Oak St., Methuen and the first of the bride who was residing at 144 Garden St., Lawrence.
- The Lawrence City Directory for 1949, for 1950, for 1951, for 1953, for 1956, and for 1958 show Mario Catalano
employed as a building wrecker, residing at 144 Garden Street with wife Mary and show, through 1953,
Mary's Beauty Shoppe (Mrs. Josephine L. DiZazzo proprietress in 1953)
at 85 South Union St. (and Fashion Beauty Shop, 144 Garden St., Mary Catalano, proprietress).
Daughters Anna (until 1951) and Josephine (until 1953) were working as hairdressers.
- The Lawrence City Directory for 1944 shows Mario Catalano employed at
the Wood Mill, residing at 62 Newbury Street with wife
Mary and shows Mary's Beauty Shoppe
at 11 Newbury St. with daughters Anna and Josephine working as hairdressers.
- In 1941 Josephine Lucy Catalano was graduated from
Lawrence High School
In 1937 Josephine Lucy Catalano was graduated from
the John Breen Grammar School.
- The 1930 U.S. Census shows, begining on line 56, living at
10 Osgood St., Lawrence, Mass., Mario Catalano, aged 34, born in Italy, having arrived America
in 1911 and having filed citizenship paper but not yet naturalized, and working as a shop keeeper at a grocery store, along
with his wife Mary Catalano, aged 28, born in Italy, having
arrived America in 1917 and still an alien; they had with them three children:
- On 8 May 1923 Angelina Josephine Catalano was
born at 6 Bradley Ave., Methuen, Mass. to Mario Catalano and
Maria Consentino. According the Office of the Town Clerk, Methuen, Massachusetts,
in a record dated 5 February 1985,
Angelina Josephine Catalano was born 8 May 1923 to Mario Catalano
and Mary Consentino.
- This record last updated 9 December 2010 by D. Trumbull.